Environmental Investment at Vác Plant
Duna-Dráva Cement Kft. launched an almost HUF 7 billion new environmental investment to further minimize the already low level of dust emission. The modernization contributes to the growth of operational safety, helps sustainable cement production, and ensures that our company stays a reliable and stable employer in the area for the next decades.
Duna-Dráva Cement Kft. has had a dominant economic role in the life of Vác and its surrounding region for more than half a century as the company is one of the biggest employers of the area. Our products contribute significantly to everyday life; concrete – and therefore cement as well – is the second most frequently used material after water. One of the most important pillars of our philosophy is sustainability, and we support it with our corporation routines – such as moderate energy and mineral resource management or waste sorting – and with our social responsibility programs.The Vác Plant reached a new milestone in 2016 when we started a complex modernization process based on the maximum trust of the ownership structure. As a result we are able to continue our producing activity with more modern conditions with the aim of protecting our environment.
The environmental investment enables a more eco-friendly cement production which easily fits the ever tightening emission limits of the near future. As a result of the modernization investment of the Beremend Plant in 2008, dust emission decreased significantly. Our purpose is to minimize emission compared to the current low level in the Vác Plant and with this we are set to strengthen our role in the area.
The technical development started in the summer of 2016 and it lasted until April 2018. With the use of the more modern technological solutions we take another step towards sustainability. The first part of the project was finished in early March 2017. The phase included the replacement of two cyclone heat exchangers and the flue gas conduit as well, in addition to the partial modernization of the clinker cooler. In April the foundation works of the new calciner tower were finished, while at the same time the bypass and the 32 meter-high silo were also built.
Summary shortfilm about the realisation of the project
PRIVACY NOTE: When you start playing this video, YouTube places a cookie on your browser which allows YouTube to recognize you when you visit YouTube or other websites with embedded YouTube content. You may delete cookies at any time from your browser. You can find information about processing of your data through YouTube on theYouTube website.
- Interviews about the developments of the modernization with Zsolt Szilágyi, leader of the project
- we changed our electrostatic furnace filter to the more efficient bag filter to reduce emission
- we comply not only with the current environmental regulations but the future ones as well
- we reduce our carbon-petroleum coke fuel use, and we increase the use of substitute, eco-friendly, fully overseen and safe fuels.
Environmental modernization in numbers
- the investment is about HUF 7 billion
- the modernization complies with the future, more rigorous emission regulations
- doubled (60%) substitute fuel use, which could be further increased to 80%
- our clinker production capacity can be 2400 tons/day, which could be further increased to 2700 tons/day
- experiences of Beremend: compared to the current low emmission level there is more decrease of dust emission